I’m chairing a panel on storytelling in science communication at the Science in Public conference in July, as I posted a few months ago. We’ve now picked the panellists, so I thought I should give you a quick update. Here’s all the key details.
- Brian Wecht, of Storycollider
- Heather Rea, of Edinburgh Beltane public engagement network
- Lisa Schneidau, of Northern Devon Nature Improvement Area
- Chair: Me
- Intros, each panellist tells a story (5 mins) and then briefly outlines their project and what they think live storytelling brings (2 mins). (35 mins)
- Q+A – audience questions to panellists. (25 mins)
- Audience storysharing session – audience in small groups exchange personal stories. (30 mins)
- Science in Public conference
- Dates: 22nd-23rd July
- Location: Nottingham University
- Hashtag: #SiP13
- Registration now open at a cost of £55 early bird rate until 15th June for the 2-day conference, with a one day rate available. There will also be a conference dinner on campus on the Monday evening.
I’m HEAVILY pregnant (seriously, I look like I’ve got a beachball shoved up my jumper) with the baby due on 1st July, and I’m still going to make it to the conference. So really, you’ve got no excuse, have you?;-)